– 20 Young People Who Believe Marriage Should Be Between One Man and One Woman. Guess how many of them reference God or the Bible?
– A pair of southwest Florida DJs could face felony charges after an April Fool’s Day prank in which they warned listeners of “dihydrogen monoxide” (otherwise known as water) in the municipal water supply. Apparently enough people panicked that Lee County officials had to issue a statement saying that the water was safe to use.
– Canadian man leaving country makes sure the amount of cash he is carrying is just below legal threshold of $10,000. Because of exchange rate fluctuations, however, he ends up being just over the limit. Canadian authorities seize cash, refuse to give it back because he can’t prove money was lawfully obtained. Goddammit.
– United Airlines diverts flight after family complains about in-flight movie…because anyone who doesn’t want their kids to see Alex Cross is clearly a terrorist.
– Pat Robertson asks why “miracles” are so much more common in Africa than in the U.S. It might have something to do with the fact that people in Africa are more superstitious–as evidenced by recent panics over witchcraft and penis snatching.
– Oscar-winning actor Jeremy Irons talks politics: describes himself as a “libertarian”, criticizes Michael Bloomberg’s “nanny state” policies, questions whether gay marriage could lead to fathers marrying their sons. Wait, what?
– And finally, RIP Roger Ebert. Bonus: 19 Reasons “Beyond the Valley of the Dolls” Is The Greatest Cult Film of All Time. (“Dolls” was co-written by Ebert.)