– Google continues tradition of not representing religious holidays with a redesigned Google logo (or “doodle”). Apparently some conservatives are upset by this.
– Last week Russian authorities conducted raids on numerous foreign-based NGOs, including Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, as part of a broader crackdown on so-called “foreign agents” in Russia.
– On Monday night’s Daily Show, Jon Stewart condemned Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi’s decision to arrest popular TV satirist Bassem Youssef on charges of insulting the president, saying that: “For someone who spent time in jail yourself…you seem awfully eager to send other people there for the same non-crimes.”
– The Ukranian protest group Femen has declared April 4th “Topless Jihad Day” in support of Tunisian activist Amina Tyler, who received death threats after posting topless photos of herself on the Internet.
– Good News: Study finds that teens are waiting longer to have sex and are using contraception more frequently when they do start having sex. In other words, conservative culture warriors who talk about “today’s sex-crazed teens” are full of shit.
– Survey finds that 37% of Americans believe global warming is a hoax, 28% believe that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11, and 28% believe that a “secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government.” Apparently the survey was conducted at various outpatient psychiatry clinics throughout the Deep South.
– Libertarian-leaning Michigan congressman Justin Amash says that abortion should be prohibited “closer to the point of conception, whether it’s instantly or the first three days. I think that’s more sensible.” I guess Amash is the “new Ron Paul” in more ways than one.
– Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for mass murderer James Holmes…because 12 murders apparently justify a 13th.
– New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has signed into law a bill that prohibits children under 17 from using tanning beds and children under 14 from using tanning sprays.
– 41-year-old Indiana man who is apparently new to the whole Internet thing meets 16-year-old girl for sex, ends up getting robbed instead. He should have been suspicious when a 16-year-old girl he met on Facebook expressed an interest in having sex with him.
– Conservative favorite Ben Carson continues his recent fit of verbal diarrhea, this time saying that white liberals are “the most racist people there are.”
– And finally, Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe doesn’t believe that gay pro football players should have to hide their sexuality for fear of creating a distraction: “Those of you worried about a gay teammate checking out your ass in the shower, or hitting on you in the steam room, or bringing too much attention to the team — I have four simple words for you. Grow the f*** up. This is our job, we are adults, so would you kindly act like one?”