– North Dakota’s governor has signed into law a ban on abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected (which can be as early as 6 weeks). The law will almost certainly face a constitutional challenge, but the conservative group Liberty Counsel has offered to defend the law pro bono.
– A Nevada state legislator has introduced a bill that would legalize betting on federal elections.
– Speaking of same-sex marriage, Amanda Marcotte has collected some of the right’s craziest arguments against gay marriage–including the standard “it will lead to people having sex with children” argument.
– The website PornMD has compiled internet porn search statistics from various countries as well as all 50 U.S. states, and the results are honestly not the least bit surprising.
– German shoe company suspects that USPS is discriminating against it’s “Atheist Shoes” brand, conducts an experiment and finds that packages labeled “Atheist” took on average 3 days longer to arrive and were 10 times as likely to not arrive at all. So what’s going on at the Post Office?