– After the first day of oral arguments for the Proposition 8 case, the Supreme Court appears unlikely to declare all same-sex marriage bans unconstitutional.
– Speaking of same-sex marriage, hundreds of thousands of French people gathered in Paris to protest a law that would grant equal rights to same-sex couples.
– “After handing over his money, he clasped the vendor’s hand. The tea seller felt an electric tingling course through his body and immediately sensed that his penis had shrunk to a size smaller than that of a baby’s. His yells quickly drew a crowd. Somehow in the fray a second man fell victim as well.”
– According to a new Gallup poll, a majority of Americans oppose the use of drone strikes.
– An Italian court plans to retry Amanda Knox in abstentia for the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher. (Knox and her then-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were convicted of the murder in 2009 but acquitted on appeal two years later and released.)
– A Tunisian Islamist cleric has called for the stoning of a 19-year-old activist who posted a topless photo of herself on Facebook. Apparently this guy takes Facebook terms of service violations very seriously.
– Sweden’s “progressive” approach to prostitution: instead of arresting women for victimless crime of selling sex, arrest men for victimless crime of buying it.
– And finally, a California creationist has challenged anyone who can prove that science contradicts a literal interpretation of Genesis to put up $10,000 for a debate challenge, the winner of which will get $20,000. This guy does realize that science can totally kick the Bible’s ass, right?