– Arkansas legislators have introduced a bill that would ban abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected.
– Obama is on track to deport a record 2 million people by 2014, which would be nearly equal to the number of people deported by the U.S. between 1892 and 1997!
– The Obama administration has proposed a compromise on the birth control mandate–but the new rules would still require employee health plans to include contraception coverage.
– Michael Shermer on skepticism. A snippet: “You say you believe in Big Foot? I say, “That’s interesting, show me a body of a Big Foot creature and I’ll believe.”
– According to a new Gallup poll, Alabama is the most conservative state in the U.S., while Massachusetts is the most liberal (after the District of Columbia).
– Four nude activists were arrested for violating San Francisco’s public nudity ban, which took effect Friday.
– Reason.com editor (and Eagle Scout) Nick Gillespie on what he learned in the Boy Scouts and why he won’t let his sons join. A snippet: “…I learned the incredible rush that comes from starting a fire with nothing but a hunk of rock and a piece of metal when you’re cold and hungry and wondering what the heck you were doing outside with nothing to eat except a pound of ground beef…”
– And some good news: You are 182 times more likely to get malware from online ads than from porn, according to a new report from Cisco.