– North Dakota lawmakers are considering several bills that would severely limit access to abortion in the state.
– A man in Tennessee sent his dog to be euthanized because he suspected the animal was gay. (Fortunately, the dog has been saved.)
– A Missouri man has been sentenced to three years in prison for possessing cartoons depicting children having sex. Key word: cartoons. In order for prosecutions like this to make sense one must accept the patently ridiculous notion that lines on paper can be sexually abused.
– Rhode Island flower vendors have refused to take orders to deliver a bouquet to an atheist high school student who fought a praper banner in her school. No big deal, that’s their choice as business owners. Except now they’re being sued, by (guess who) the Freedom From Religion Foundation. (See my previous post about this group.)
– A 15-year-old Icelandic girl has won the right to legally use her given name, “Blaer.” (Iceland is one of a handful of countries with strict laws regarding what babies can be named.)