– An aide to Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi has claimed that the Holocaust was a hoax, and that the 6 million Jews who perished actually moved to the U.S.
– Pastor stiffs waitress on tip, because, in
his her words: “I give God 10%. Why do you get 18%?”
– Women have been allowed to serve in combat for less than a week, and already Charles Rangel wants to draft them. And you thought Republicans wanted control over women’s bodies…
– 1958: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn begins writing The Gulag Archipelago, which will feature first-person accounts of the horrors of the Soviet gulags, and which was later called “the most powerful single indictment of a political regime ever to be levied in modern times.” 2013: Google users write sarcastic reviews of North Korean forced labor camps and publish them to Google Maps. Isn’t technology great?
– The American Family Association is all freaked out that the Boy Scouts may drop their ban on gay members. According to spokesman Bryan Fischer, if the Boy Scouts allow gays, soon pedophiles will be “bunking down with your kid at jamboree.”